Parliamentary Outdoor Caucus
We need your help to rid Parliament of the Outdoor Caucus. As long as the Outdoor Caucus continues to operate, it will be very difficult for those of us who want legislation that will protect animals in Canada. We know this because leaders of the Outdoor Caucus boasted about killing Bill C-246, the Modernizing Animal Protections Act. Bob Zimmer, Conservative MP for Prince George-Peace River and co-chair of the Outdoor Caucus stated, “We came together and defeated Bill C-246, the animal rights bill, where most of the people who voted against it are Liberals. It was a group effort…”
The presence of the Caucus is a threat to any animal protection legislation such as S-203, the Ending the Captivity of Whales and Dolphins Act and S-214, the Cruelty-Free Cosmetic Act. Voters and taxpayers are not allowed to know who of the federal MPs belong to the Caucus. As Mr. Zimmer explains, “Membership in the Parliamentary Outdoor Caucus is voluntary. There is no membership list and MPs are not required to divulge their membership or attendance. This is by design. Many MPs want to be informed, but they don’t want their participation or attendance used against them politically.”
We need to expose these MPs and we need your help to do so.
Our strategy to get rid of the Caucus includes:
- Direct activism of animal lovers across Canada
- Paid targeted Facebook advertising and building on personal sharing and “liking”
- Build sufficient ‘Likes’ and ‘Shares’ to garner earned media
How You Can Help
We must expose and drive the Outdoor Caucus from Parliament.
- Please give a donation to help us expose the Caucus through an aggressive Outdoor Caucus Facebook campaign.
- Complete the form above and read our briefing paper for the full story on the Outdoor Caucus.
- Contact your Member of Parliament and determine whether he or she is part of the secret membership of the Caucus. If you don’t know who your MP is, click here and enter your postal code under “Voter Information Service”. Share with us what you learn by emailing Liz White at email@example.com
- Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed on animal issues.
- Use your Facebook page to ‘like’ and ‘share’ postings about the Caucus.